Why do I need a mediator?
- You may work toward creating an agreement that considers your needs and interests and those of your former partner.
- You have a greater say in the decisions about your own family.
- You and your children can benefit if differences can be settled in a positive way.
- You can explore creative ways to solve problems.
- You may improve your communication skills that may help you in future decision-making.
- You have a private and safe environment to discuss sensitive issues.
- You can express and clarify your issues and interests.
- You may save time and money.
Where do I find a mediator?
- Private practices
- Some courts
- Referrals from counselors, lawyers, public agencies
- Family Mediation Nova Scotia
Family Mediation is?
- Focused on solutions
- Guided by a trained mediator
Some of the family issues we help to mediate
- Separation/ divorce
- Decision-making and living arrangements
- Child and spousal support
- Property division
- Child relocation issues
- Grandparents’ visitation
- Parent-teen issues
- Blended family issues
- Situations of chronic conflict
- Seniors issues
- Elder care
- Child protection
- Wills and estates